Vaccinations and immunizations are vital in preventative care and maintaining one’s health. By establishing care with Encompass Family & Internal Medicine Group, we will ensure we review your immunization needs.
We provide child immunizations according to state and school guidelines. Those entering kindergarten are also in need for immunization review, and children with asthma or severe allergies must also have a signed emergency plan on file with the school. We can help.
Immunization recommendations have changed for school age children and teenagers, and your Encompass MD can help keep your child up-to-date.
Flu shots, pneumonia vaccines, tetanus boosters, and, for some insurances, shingles vaccines can be given at our clinic as well.
An annual seasonal flu vaccine as the first and most important step in prevention. The vaccine can protect you from getting sick or it can make your illness milder. We typically begin offering flu vaccines at the beginning of September.
The CDC recommends that everyone age 6 months and older be vaccinated; however, it is especially important that the following at-risk groups be vaccinated:
- Children aged 6 months through 4 years
- Pregnant women
- Adults 50 years of age and older
- Adults who are morbidly obese
- Adults of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
- Adults who are American Indians or Alaska Natives
- Adults who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- Adults who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including: health care workers, household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu and household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age
We offer other vaccines such as Tetanus-Diphtheria (Td) booster shots, Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR) vaccine, HPV vaccine, Shingles vaccine, and Pneumonia vaccine. Our providers will partner with you and provide information with these vaccinations.